Published March 17, 2020, Updated April 23, 2020 & April 28th, 2020
Pre-Appointment Screening Questions
To ensure the safety of all patients and staff, please review the following pre-appointment screening questions prior to each scheduled visit.
- Do You Currently Have Any of the Following Acute Symptoms? (fever, tiredness, shortness of breath, dry cough, chills, shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell)
- Have you been in recent close contact with someone suspected to have, or was diagnosed with, Covid 19?
- Have you recently travelled to a high risk area?
- Are you not feeling well for any other reason?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, please call our office at (541) 385-3344 to cancel your appointment or convert it to a Telehealth visit. If you answered “No” to all questions, please attend your appointment as scheduled.
Special Note: If you are a member of a high risk population, contact your therapist prior to your visit to discuss your best option for care.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping yourself, our staff and other patients safe.
Returning To Therapy After Covid-19
Following CDC Guidelines, patients may resume physical therapy in the clinic after meeting the following criteria:
- Resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications, and
- Improvement in respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, shortness of breath), and
- At least 7 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Keeping You Safe
At Focus Physical Therapy, keeping you healthy and safe guides everything we do. Our offices maintain the highest standard of infection control and sterilization of surfaces and equipment between patients and throughout the day. We use cleaning agents that specifically address viral pathogens, including the COVID-19 virus.
By taking these precautions, we can reduce the risk of spreading the coronavirus and enable you to attend your physical therapy appointments.
Creating a Safe Environment for Your Physical Therapy
We’re taking these precautions:
- Come prepared with a mask. We’ll provide any paperwork electronically ahead of time.
- We’ll ask some screening questions to make sure you aren’t sick. We’ll take your temperature and measure your blood oxygen and heart rate too.
- We’ll frequently disinfect all common areas, treatment rooms, gym spaces, bathrooms, door handles, equipment, countertops and electronic devices.
- We’ll perform frequent hand-washing or sanitizing and we’ll ask you too as well.
- We’ll encourage you to utilize telerehab whenever appropriate, possibly in combination with in-person visits.
We’ll update our policies as new information is available. You can learn more about COVID-19 on the www.cdc.gov website, including how the virus spreads, the symptoms of infection, and what to do if you feel ill.
Please feel free to contact us at the office with any questions by calling 541-385-3344 (option 1 for Eastside, option 2 for Old Mill).
We look forward to seeing you!
Burke Selbst PT
Owner of Focus Physical Therapy