Peter and Burke are great PT’s who go above and beyond for their patients. They offer something that other local PT’s don’t, which is a deeper look at your equipment as the last step in getting you back to your sport of passion. They made microadjustments to my beloved mountain bike, helping me to figure out the last step in a full recovery from a total knee replacement.
If age, wear and tear or past injuries are limiting your enjoyment of cycling, an ergonomic bike fit performed by a knowledgeable physical therapist and bike fitter can get you back on your bike without pain. A great ergonomic bike fit can help you find the balance between comfort, efficiency and performance. A physical therapist bike fit at Focus Physical Therapy takes biomechanical bike fitting to another level by individualizing your fit to your body, with your unique history, anatomy, joint, motor control and muscle needs.
Common complaints addressed in an ergonomic bike fit include:
- Neck and Low Back Pain
- Knee Pain
- Hand or Foot Numbness
- Hip Pain
- Foot, Ankle or Toe pain
A comprehensive bike fit. During the 1.5 – 2 hour process, we look at the following:
- Adjustments to the cleat/pedal interface, saddle height, fore/aft and tilt, stem length & drop/rise, and handlebar size and positioning
- Head-to-toe assessment of strength, flexibility and joint mobility
- Functional assessment of balance and neuromuscular control
- Assessment of injuries and weaknesses on the bike
- Personalized home exercise program to address any strength or mobility limitations and to rehabilitate injuries
Your fit may be covered by insurance if you have a treatable physical therapy problem that affects other activities in addition to cycling. Co-insurance, co-payments and deductibles apply.
A La Carte
We offer the following a la carte services
- Choose new bicycle saddles, cleats/pedals and handlebars
- Setup cleat position for new shoes
- Transfer established fit to other bicycles
Price: $150 per service up to one hour. $80 each additional half hour.
If cycling isn’t your only sport, consider adding a running or multisport athlete service. Our running analysis is key for cyclists who also run, since the movements and strength/flexibility requirements are different between the sports and imbalances are common. Ask about our programs specifically for runners.