Licensed as a physical therapist since 2000, a Guild Certified Feldenkrais Practitioner since 2003 and a Board-Certified Orthopedic Specialist since 2008, Burke has extensive experience restoring, improving and optimizing human movement and performance for clients of all ages with an emphasis on sports performance and the performing artist.
Since 2005 Burke has led the team at Focus Physical Therapy, a clinic of like minded and passionate clinicians dedicated to providing personalized, state of the art and results based care.
- Founded Focus Physical Therapy in Bend OR 2005
- Sports Medicine Provider for Team USA at the US Olympic and Paralympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, CO.
- Rehab and performance provider for members of Team USA Cycling Sprint Team, USA Wrestling, USA Boxing and USA Triathlon.
- Sports Medicine Provider USATF Team Olympic Trials 2012, 2016 and 2021
- Sports Medicine Provider Diamond League Prefontaine Classic 2013 – Present
- Sports Medicine Provider IAAF World Junior Track and Field Championships 2014
- Sports Medicine Provider IAAF World Indoor Track and Field Championships 2016
- Sports Medicine Provider World Track and Field Championships 2022 (planned)
- Team Sponsor Boneyard Cycling
- Sports Medicine Provider and Strength Consultant for members of North Face, Nike Trail, Scott Running and Oiselle Littlewing running teams
- Invited Speaker City of Bend Workplace Ergonomics
- Invited Therapy Provider Cascade School of Music
- Provider of medical continuing education on the topic of Feldenkrais and Physical Therapy
- Sports Medicine Provider Multiple local events in running, cycling and soccer
Burke Selbst MPT, OCS, Cert. MDT, GCFP
MPT: Physical Therapy, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
BS: Kinesiology, Humboldt State University, Arcata, CA
Burke enjoys spending time with his wife Amy, travel & studying languages or playing guitar and singing with friends at watering holes, celebrations and campfires around Central Oregon. You can also find him mountain biking, bikepacking, rock climbing, surfing, trailrunning and enjoying a tasty coffee.