Kelsey Quam PT DPT is a skilled clinician who brings excellence and compassion to the treatment of orthopedic musculoskeletal injuries at Focus PT. She has received additional training in the McKenzie Method, Movement System Impairment (MSI), neurodynamics, manual therapy, and vestibular rehabilitation. Kelsey is an excellent fit for individuals of all ages. She takes an active treatment approach with her patients; you will find her educating and involving individuals in management of their condition primarily through the use of movement and manual therapy. Kelsey sees patients at the Old Mill (Recharge) facility.
Kelsey Quam, PT DPT is an Oregon native, and joined Focus Physical Therapy in 2019 after working as a Physical Therapist on the western slopes of Colorado. She obtained her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from Regis University in Denver, Colorado in 2016. She is excited to be in the Pacific Northwest, and she enjoys the many outdoor opportunities that Central Oregon has to offer- skiing, mountain biking, trail running and hiking. She has lived in South and Central America and is fluent in Spanish. She is excited to help Central Oregonians unlock their potential with skilled Physical Therapy and attain their highest goals!
Doctorate in Physical Therapy, Regis University (Denver CO)
BA in International Political Economy, University of Puget Sound (Tacoma WA)
ADVANCED COURSEWORK AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Management of Upper Extremity Disorders (Evidence in Motion) 2019
- Therapeutic Neuroscience Education (Adriaan Louw, International Spine and Pain Institute) 2019
- Neurodynamics for the Upper Extremity (Michel Coppieters, Align conference 2018)
- Acute Cervical Radiculopathy (Mintken, Fearon, Whitman, Align conference 2018)
- Movement System Impairment Syndromes of the Lumbar Spine, Hip, Shoulder, and Cervical Spine (Sahrmann, 2017)
- The McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy – Level A Lumbar Spine 2017
- Whiplash or Brain-lash: Managing Patients with Complex Head & Neck Disorders (Jim Elliott) 2015
- Colorado APTA Rocky Mountain Spring Conference & PT Expo, Keystone, Colorado 2015
- APTA Combined Section Meeting (CSM) 2014
- CPR, Wilderness First Aid, AIARE Level 2