When you are unable to attend an in-person physical therapy visit, telerehab offers you expert physical therapy guidance in the comfort and safety of your own home.
Using the camera on your smartphone, tablet or computer, our therapists can evaluate, progress and coach you towards your goals.
Physical Therapy by telerehab is covered by most insurance carriers and we also offer out of pocket payment options.
Contact us to learn more or to sign up for a telerehab session.
How To Use Telerehab On Your Device :
Follow these steps. You may use an Apple device (iPhone, iPad, or Mac computer), an Android phone or tablet or your PC. Your connection options include: Facetime, Google Duo/Hangouts or Zoom.
- Provide your mobile number (Facetime) or email (Android or PC) when you schedule your appointment so your provider can contact you.
- Find a quiet, private place to talk, away from distractions like pets and children.
- Make sure you have about six to eight feet of space behind you to move. You’ll need a space roughly equal to your coffee table and surrounding floor.
- We recommend using a laptop if possible so you can angle the camera for your therapist. If you are planning to use a phone or tablet, you may need a helper to hold it for you as you do movements and exercises.
- Make sure your device is charged and plugged in and you are connected to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- If you have not used the FaceTime app, Google Duo or the Zoom app on your device, familiarize yourself in advance and do a test call with a friend or family member.
- Click here for Apple’s guide to using FaceTime.
- Click here for Google’s guide to using Duo.
- Click here for the Zoom app.
- A patient services team member or your therapist will call you at your appointment time and will make sure you are set for your visit. For new patients, please have your new patient paperwork completed before the beginning of your visit.
- During the visit your therapist will evaluate your injury or pain the same way as a traditional in-person appointment. Be prepared by writing down any of your questions in advance.