We get it. We feel your pain. We understand what it means to be an injured runner.
That’s because we not only provide total musculoskeletal care for runners, we run ourselves and we know how important it is to keep your body tuned and at it’s best.
What makes our program different?
Our therapists have years of specialized training and experience in fixing runners. Our therapists practice and teach nationally hands-on treatment for injured runners, and we integrate those skills with the latest important developments in running biomechanical research, footwear and equipment innovations.
We apply a manual therapist and movement specialist’s perspective to rehabilitating running injuries that takes into account the movement patterns and neuromuscular control that is often the root of many running injuries. Our expertise goes beyond evaluating biomechanics of running and identifying muscle strength and flexibility imbalances and includes real-time treatment options that melt muscle knots, restore joint and muscle flexibility and teach your body to activate the proper muscle firing patterns, often within just one or two sessions.
We’ve learned our running science on the field and in the clinic with some of the world’s most prestigious athletes, and have served as sports medicine and manual therapy providers at Olympic Trials and USATF elite track meets and mountain races across the state.
Our elite-level running program includes:
- Musculoskeletal Assessment of strength, flexibility, balance, posture and neuromuscular control
- Treadmill or onsite (track or trail depending) high-speed camera video gait analysis
- Functional exercise prescription for total body integration including the dynamic core and muscular slings
- Manual therapy to restore normal joint and soft tissue length, flexibility and responsiveness
- Orthotic and footwear evaluation and prescription
- Taping and bracing
- Instrumented soft tissue mobilization