Focus Physical Therapy Welcomes Sports and Spine Specialist Lisa Flexner, DPT, DMT, CSCS, FAAOMPT, to Our Team!
Lisa Flexner earned her Doctor of Physical Therapy degree in 2006 from the University of Washington and went on to complete a residency and a fellowship in orthopedic manual therapy and specialized in management of the spine and complex orthopedic issues across the lifespan. Over the last few years, she has developed further specialization in pediatric spine and sports injuries.
Lisa comes to Focus Physical Therapy’s Eastside Clinic from Seattle Children’s Hospital, where she worked exclusively with kids age 5-21 to help heal orthopedic and sports injuries. Getting kids back to school, play, and athletics is one of her passions. While there, she also helped develop and expand the Schroth scoliosis management program, with an emphasis on managing the growing spine. Prior to that, she worked in a top-ranked general orthopedic practice treating patients from age 6-96. She has completed over 2000 hours of continuing education, is a respected educator, and has been an invited speaker at organizations throughout the Seattle area, including the University of Washington and the Physical Therapy Association of Washington’s King County district.
Lisa was raised in Minnesota, but has been on the West Coast since 1990. She and her husband Max relocated to Bend in early 2015, after nearly 20 years in Seattle. They were drawn to the Bend community by the variety of outdoors opportunities available in Central Oregon and beyond.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2006
- M.A. Organizational Behavior, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 1995
- B.A. Psychology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 1994
- Schroth-Method Certified Scoliosis Therapist (C1/C2), 2013-present
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists, 2013-present
- Doctor of Manual Therapy, The Ola Grimsby Institute, 2008-present
- Strength and Conditioning Specialist, NSCA, 2004-present
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Part-time instructor, Oregon State University-Cascades, Bend, OR, 2015
- Author/editor, “The Temporomandibular Joint”, chapter in “Therapeutic Exercise: Moving Toward Function”, 4th Ed., in press
- Teaching Assistant, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2009-2015
- Speaker, “Back Pain in Young Athletes”, Seattle Children’s Hospital, 2014
- Speaker, “Return to Sport for the Young Athlete”, Physical Therapy Association of Washington, 2014
- Speaker, “Concussion: Screening and Sub-Symptom Threshold Exercise”, Seattle Children’s Hospital, 2013
-Lisa Flexner, DPT, DMT, CSCS, FAAOMPT
“Lisa comes to Focus with a true passion and calling for orthopedic, sports and spine rehabilitation for both children and adults. Her reputation throughout the Northwest as a therapist of advanced skill, professionalism, and distinction is matched by her commitment to her individual patients, and she is a wonderful addition to our practice.”
– Burke Selbst, PT, Owner, Focus Physical Therapy
Lisa is now accepting new patients. Please consider a referral to Lisa in particular for orthopedic problems, pain of spinal origin, and for your youth through masters aged recreationalists and athletes.