Recover faster, perform better and return to your activities sooner with the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
Focus Physical Therapy at Recharge is proud to offer our patients and community a truly revolutionary tool for rehabilitation, recovery, performance and health. Developed for NASA’s astronauts, the AlterG technology allows precisely calibrated body unweighting from 100% (full, normal body weight) down to just 20% in 1% increments while maintaining your normal walking or running form, movement and mechanics. This FDA medical device provides significant benefits for:
- Athletes looking for faster rehab, recovery and performance
- Seniors seeking greater health and wellness
- Individuals of any age as part of a weight management program
- Individuals and athletes with neurological conditions, amputations or any condition that prevents walking or running without pain including arthritis
- Baby Boomers and masters athletes looking to maintain or improve performance and health in a high-intensity but low stress way
Medical and Rehabilitation Benefits
- Accelerate recovery after total joint replacement, injury, or surgery to the lower extremity (hip, knee, ankle or foot)
- Safe gait and balance training for neurological, cancer and cardiopulmonary patients
- Strengthening and conditioning in a fall-safe environment for geriatric and deconditioned patients of any age
- Improve the effectiveness of weight loss and energy-boosting programs
- Perform pre and post-partem reduced impact conditioning and accelerated recovery
- Find your form, with the help of the three-camera Video Monitoring System (VMS)
Sports Performance and Training Benefits
- Minimize downtime after injury or overuse
- Maintain and improve cardiovascular fitness with less impact
- Crosstrain by reducing the load but maintaining normal movement mechanics
- Train with natural gait and avoid developing compensatory movement patterns
- Achieve higher level training sooner and accelerate return to sport and play
- Perform safe overspeed and hill training
Anyone can use the AlterG to reduce stress and improve function – let Focus Physical Therapy put this amazing tool to work for you.
The Focus Physical Therapy AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill is located inside our Recharge facility, and you do not need to be a patient to use it. Access Focus Physical Therapy AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill Pricing and Scheduling to get started.
Absolutely The Best
I have had chronic pain and spine issues for over 25 years. I've lost count of how many therapists I've seen, but it must be around a dozen.
Focus is different. Very, very different. A therapist is committed to you for your full appointment. They also have approached my issues in an entirely different way than every PT has in the past.
Lastly, I am able to only walk short distances. Focus now has the AlterG anti-gravity treadmill. This was developed by NASA and is amazing. I can get "in/on" the treadmill and set my body weight at whatever I want. I walk in the AlterG at about 50% body weight. Well, guess what? I can walk over twice as long as I would on a normal treadmill. The machine is great and so is the whole experience at Focus.